Login to Complete an Abstract or to Access reviewing Panel
AWRA 2018 Annual Water Resources Conference
November 4-8, 2018
Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, Baltimore, MD
SUGGESTIONS FOR FIRST TIME CONFERENCE ATTENDEES
Attending an AWRA Conference for the first time or has it been a while since you went to one? We want to welcome you and help make this a useful and worthwhile experience! Listed below are some suggestions to help ensure a successful conference experience. . You can call our office (540-687-8390) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions. And if you need help convincing your supervisor about the benefits of attending the conference, just download and personalize the Justification Letter to help state your case.
- Visit the AWRA Registration Desk to pick up your conference material as soon as you arrive.
- Attend the Student and First-time Professional Conference Orientation on how to get the most from your conference experience. This is usually held on Monday afternoon from 4:45 to 5:15
- Bring a supply of business cards and be ready to talk about your unique job.
- Use the Conference App to plan your week as well as use the onsite Final Program found in your conference material received at registration.
- Professional Development Hours are available! –Pick up a form at the AWRA registration desk to record the sessions you attend. (This is a self-reporting program.)
- Wear your name badge at all times for conference activities. This gives you exclusive access to the socials, banquet, exhibit hall, and other events.
- There are numerous networking opportunities at our conferences – they are listed throughout the Final Program as well as under “Networking Events” page in the program.
- Remember to take notes. Usually the PowerPoint Presentations are uploaded after the conference but not all speakers upload their presentations. Also the Presenter Directory located at the back of the Final Program provides the presenters names and emails, in case you want to contact someone with questions.
- Have your business cards available when visiting the Exhibit Hall.
- Begin your networking now by downloading the Conference App to iOS and Android devices. Type is AWRA Conferences in your Apple App Store or Google Play store.